Re: Westin Seattle Outage?

  • From: Bradley Urberg Carlson
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 14:43:33 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 1:00 AM, chuck goolsbee wrote:

The flatliner was XO, and it seems that it may not even touch the Westin (instead goes to 1000 Denny.) I still don't know what happened there. It did come back after 86 minutes of eerie silence. Anyone else with XO circuits see anything odd tonight?

Our Minneapolis BGP session to XO dropped at Jan 26 23:08:03 CST (21:08 PST) for 52 minutes. A colo customer in a second XO facility in Minneapolis appeared to be unreachable for the same period. The reported cause was a problem during planned maintenance, requiring reboot of multiple routers. I was wondering whether XO might have hit a snag while responding to the Cisco advisory. If your XO link doesn't touch Westin, then perhaps the timing was coincidence?

--Bradley Urberg-Carlson