Re: who was the last legit spammer?

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 10:56:16 2007

Matthew Black wrote:

Jon Lewis <[email protected]> wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Travis H. wrote:

Hey, was discussing something from the long distant past recently.
Specifically it was my memory of the last legitimate spamhaus...

"Legit spammer"? Perhaps you're thinking of Sanford Wallace's cyberpromo and AGIS?

http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/9710/msg00018.html

Kanter & Seagal's Green Card spam? I think they were the first wide-spread spam. Anyone recall the year/date? I'm thinking 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canter_&_Siegel (April 12, 1994)

Perhaps you are thinking of Clarence L Thomas IV, who posted the day
after the Northridge quake (also in 1994), with a post about the coming
end of the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup_spam

--
I will put Chaos into fourteen lines
   And keep him there; and let him thence escape