Re: [cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

  • From: Travis H.
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 22:19:55 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:12:01PM -0400, Ray Burkholder wrote:
> I've done some work with Cricket and have figured out a way to get at it's
> schema.  I've been looking at mating Cricket' s 'getter and schema with
> Drraw and genDevConfig tools and putting a Mason based HTML wrapper around
> the whole thing so people can pick and choose the components of charts they
> want to see (per chart), (per page).  And by filling in simple web forms, it
> would be easy to generate command lines for genDevConfig to go out and
> create the customized SNMP queries that are needed for Dial-Peers, Cisco's
> Quality of Service, etc.

This seems to be a better solution than CGIs and web forms, both from
a "graphic designer" point of view as well as KISS point of view.
Unfortunately it's not currently compatible with HTTP/S and HTML, but
any major improvement that was also simpler would have to be.

--
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.''
-- Albert Einstein -><- <URL:http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>