Re: Colocation in the US.

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 16:44:38 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:

On Jan 25, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:

The main issue with Flourinert is price -- I wanted some to cool a 20W IR laser -- I didn't spend that much time looking before I just decided to switch to distilled water, but I was finding prices like >$300 for a 1 liter bottle (http://www.parallax- tech.com/fluorine.htm). I did find some cheaper "recycled" Fluorinert, but it wasn't *that* much cheaper.

I don't remember who made them, but the same laser had these really neat plumbing connections

Doh, 10 seconds after hitting send it occurred to me that some sort of Internet search thingie might help with this -- looking for "liquid disconnect" found them for me -- http://www.micromatic.com/ draft-keg-beer/fittings-pid-60600.html -- even better, it seems that after your datacenter shuts down you can reuse the connectors for your daft keg! :-)

Thereby giving new meaning to "beer and gear."

-- very similar to the air hose connectors on air compressors -- there is a nipple that snaps into a female connector. The nipple pushes in a pin when it snaps in and allows the liquid to start flowing. When you disconnect the connector the liquid flow shuts off and you get maybe half a teaspoon of leakage.

P.S: Sorry if I tripped anyones HR policies for NSFW content :-)