Re: Colocation in the US.

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 14:43:02 2007

Obviously convection is the best way, and I've gotten away with it a few times myself, but the usual answer to your "why not" question is "Fire codes."  Convection drives the intensity and spread of fires.   Which is what furnace chimneys are for.  Thus all the controls on plenum spaces.  But when you can get away with it, it's great.

                         -Bill

Please excuse the brevity of this message; I typed it on my pager. I could be more loquacious, but then I'd crash my car.