Site Survey...

  • From: Robert Sherrard
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 13:58:12 2007

Is it unreasonable to ask a carrier to perform a site survey, before quoting out an install? I am looking to pull some fiber into a building that is off net, and I cannot get my potential carrier to perform a site survey.

My reason for concern is that the NRC / install is 18k, and they have already conceded that the fiber is less than 40ft from my building, and that the install should be relativity easy (conduit / everything already in place). I am being quoted worse case scenario, and should the install not go as much as 18k, I still need to fork out 18k. I feel like I have a rep who is being greedy, and that I am subsidizing their business model for future tenants.

Thoughts?

Rob