Re: Google wants to be your Internet

  • From: Jason LeBlanc
  • Date: Wed Jan 24 09:01:02 2007

I hear you on the double, triple nat nightmare, I'm there myself. I'm working on rolling out VRFs to solve that problem, still testing. The nat complexities and bugs (nat translations losing their mind and killing connectivity for important apps) are just too much for some of our customers, users, etc to deal with. Some days it kills me that v6 is still not really viable, I keep asking providers where they're at with it. Their most common complaint is that the operating systems don't support it yet. They mention primarily Windows since that is what is most implemented, not in the colo world but what the users have. I suggested they offer a service that somehow translates (heh, shifting the pain to them) v4 to v6 for their customers to move it along.