Re: [cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Tue Jan 23 21:40:23 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Jason LeBlanc wrote:

Anyone thats seen MRTG (simple, static) on a large network realizes that decoupling the graphing from the polling is necessary. The disk i/o is brutal. Cacti has a slick interface, but also doesn't scale all that well for large networks. I prefer RTG, though I haven't seen a nice interface for it, yet.

How large did you have to get for cacti to "not scale"? Did you try the cactid poller [which is much faster than the standard poller]?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |