wifi for 600, alex

  • From: Carl Karsten
  • Date: Tue Jan 23 20:52:15 2007

Hi list,

I just read over: http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/ppt/joel.pdf because I am on the PyCon ( http://us.pycon.org ) team and last year the hotel supplied wifi for the 600 attendees was a disaster (they probably were not expecting every single one to have and use a laptop the whole time). Joel's pdf was for a conference in 2002 or 3, so I am hoping much has changed. But from what I have found, I think my hopes may be just a dream.

Does anyone have any advice or URLs of more recent case studdies in supplying wifi for 600 laptop wielding geeks?

Thanks,

Carl K

ps, Google is one of our sponsors, and I see that they want to be the next inertube or something - maybe we can get them to do it :)