Re: [cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

  • From: Jason LeBlanc
  • Date: Mon Jan 22 08:23:36 2007

Anyone thats seen MRTG (simple, static) on a large network realizes that decoupling the graphing from the polling is necessary. The disk i/o is brutal. Cacti has a slick interface, but also doesn't scale all that well for large networks. I prefer RTG, though I haven't seen a nice interface for it, yet.