Re: Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Sun Jan 21 13:26:46 2007

Joe Abley wrote:

If anybody has tried this, I'd be interested to hear whether on-net clients actually take advantage of the local monster seed, or whether they persist in pulling data from elsewhere.

The local seed would serve bulk of the data because as soon as a piece is served from it, the client issues a new request and if the latency and bandwidth is there, as is the case for ADSL/cable clients, usually >80% of a file is served "locally".
I don't think additional optimization is done nor needed in the client.

Pete