Re: Google wants to be your Internet

  • From: Charlie Allom
  • Date: Sat Jan 20 20:00:53 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:32:28 -0600 (CST), Gadi Evron wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Charlie Allom wrote:
>>
>> p2p with respect from major and independent record labels. it makes
>> sense that the film industry will (and is?) moving towards some kind of
>> acceptance as well.
>
> Erm.. as in to help them sue users? :)

as in - a DMZ for the RIAA vs. the User

>> well, a little dash of all thinking makes for a healthy environment
>> doesn't it?
>
> Not on NANOG. :o)

hahah.

>>> This is a pure example of a problem from the operational front which can
>>> be floated to research and the industry, with smarter solutions than port
>>> blocking and QoS.
>>
>> This is what I am interested/scared by.
>
> Can you please elaborate on this point?

well all I mean is that backbone networks and the technology that is
used is still a bit of a mystery to me, having never fiddled with (and
broken) it, myself.

One thing I was amazed by this week, was, looking into my ADSL that we
are providing, and seeing how low-level, and, well - tailored for a
market that could only be perceived 15 years ago.

I welcome our new masters, GOOG. ;)

  C.
--
 hail eris