Re: what happens when you put a typo in a DNSBL server?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Jan 19 19:51:47 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, John L wrote:

> Uh, not quite.  Try looking up 2.0.0.127.abuse.net, and then explain to me
> why people keep hammering on it.

*cough*

2.0.0.127.abuse.net has address 127.255.255.255

Very cute. :)

I think this is a PEBKAC** situation, not an architectural issue.

--Steve

** P)roblem E)xists B)etween K)eyboard A)nd C)hair, in this case the KAC
of the person who isn't checking that he's configured the right hostname
for the DNSBL.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.