Re: Comment spammers chewing blogger bandwidth like crazy

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Sat Jan 13 15:40:01 2007

> Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:14:23 +0000 (GMT)
> From: "Chris L. Morrow" <[email protected]>
>
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Gregory Hicks wrote:

[...]
> > > this isn't in the ukraine, it's in NYC behind ISPrime. Phil is
fairly
> > > hhelpful, you might ask them to 'figure out what the heck is going
on'
> > > with that ip :)
> > >
> > > -Chris
> > > (unless the ukraine got a whole lot closer to IAD than I thought:
> > > 64 bytes from 195.225.177.46: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=13.1 ms
> > > 64 bytes from 195.225.177.46: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=24.5 ms
[...]
> yes, but 'whois info' is not often 'correct' especially in this case,
> traceroute to it, unless ISPrime has some time-space vortex that ip
> (that one of the /22) is actually in NYC. speed-o-light don't often
lie...

Yup!.  Should have looked further.  Chris is right.

(Learn from the master! - I *should* have known better...)

Behind at least two levels of ISPrime...

Thanks!

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin