Re: Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

  • From: Gian Constantine
  • Date: Fri Jan 12 18:07:06 2007

I have spoken with a colleague in the industry regarding 4com. Apparently, they have been able to acquire some sort of pass-through licensing on much of the content, but I have not spoken directly with 4com. I heard the same of Broadstream and SES Americom, but both proved to be more of an aid in acquisition, and not outright pass-through rights.

VoD is one of the main drivers, along with HD, but neither are a full-service alone. Consumers will demand linear programming. They have become accustomed to it. More importantly, the advertisers have become accustomed to it.

Gian Anthony Constantine
Senior Network Design Engineer
Earthlink, Inc.