Re: 4 Byte AS tested

  • From: MAEMURA Akinori
  • Date: Thu Jan 11 17:08:40 2007

Hi Randy,

Yes.  We can never have the knowledge of *all* BGP speakers
in the world, then keeping a 4-byte ASN announced to let
everyone observe it looks a good strategy to see what would
be happening.

The test you did has already proven that the current Internet
routing system has no serious problem with 4-byte ASN.
( Did it have any? )

Regards,
Akinori

In message <[email protected]>