RFQ: IP service in U.K. for U.S. hosting company

  • From: nealr
  • Date: Wed Jan 10 10:42:06 2007

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A while ago I posted some questions about transport from the U.S., peering in London and received very good technical feedback from this group.

We've determined that the best option for our problem is not peering, but the purchase of service from a provider with a good network in the U.K. and on the continent. We'd like to receive proposals based on this requirement.

The customer has equipment colocated with Sprint fiber in Champaign Illinois and this appears to be the only sensible route out of their network. Existing IP service is from Sprint and McLeod. The current network is cisco 7507s and we don't envision any changes here beyond an upgrade from RSP4 to RSP8 at some point in the future. We expect to receive a DS3 level interface but based on traffic we think we'd need perhaps one third of its total capacity.

Feel free to email me if you need more information.

-- mailto:[email protected] // IM:layer3arts voice: 402 408 5951 cell : 402 301 9555 fax : 402 408 6902