Re: Internet Video: The Next Wave of Massive Disruption to the US Peering Ecosystem (v1.2)

  • From: Aaron Glenn
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 23:39:49 2007

On 1/9/07, Adam Rothschild <[email protected]> wrote:

Here in the New York metro, you'd be hard pressed to find a vendor willing to turn away a 10G transit deal and the associated revenue. In the past few months, I've been approached by half a dozen or so major carriers eager to sell 10 gigabit ports, and with the capacity to deliver. If your customers are, indeed, reporting a widespread difficulty obtaining 10 gigabit ports from the larger players, I can think of plenty of smaller ISPs and switch-based resellers who'd be happy to carry their traffic.

Sure they'd be happy too, but can they actually deliver it? It's one thing to sell a 4Gbps commit on a 10GbE port...but 30Gbps across four or five ports is another thing entirely...