Re: A side-note Re: Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 17:59:02 2007

On Tue Jan 09, 2007 at 12:17:56AM -0800, Scott Weeks wrote:
> : ...My view on this subject is U.S.-centric...this
> : is NANOG, not AFNOG or EuroNOG or SANOG.
>
> The 'internet' is generally boundary-less.  I would hope that one day our
> discussions will be likewise.  Otherwise, the forces of the boundary-creators
> will segment everthing we are working on and defend the borders they've
> created.

Unfortunately, content rights owners don't understand this. All they
understand is that they sell their content in USA, and then the sell it
again in UK, and then again in France, and again in China, etc. What they
don't want is to sell it once, in the USA, say, and not be able to sell it
again because it's suddenly available everywhere.

Simon