RE: Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

  • From: Brandon Butterworth
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 03:46:04 2007

> Given that the broadcast model for streaming content
> is so successful, why would you want to use the
> Internet for it?

We now have to pay for spectrum, when you have to pay you look for the
cheapest delivery path.

Until we switch off analogue there is a shortage of spectrum so we have
limited channels and no room for much HD

All spectrum is for sale so someone can come in and buy it out from
underneath existing uses. Hence spectrum freed by analogue switch off
is less likely to be available for TV. As price is determined by the
highest bidder you can be priced out of carrying on doing what was fine
before.

People have content they want to deliver where the business model
requires cheaper delivery than traditional broadcast TV

brandon