Re: Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Sat Jan 06 10:06:49 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 09:25:27AM -0500, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Note that 220 MB per hour (ugly units) is 489 Kbps, slightly less
than our current usage.

Oh I should be clear too. We use SI powers of 10, just like for bandwidth, not powers of two like for storage.

A man after my own heart...

We quote in Megabytes
because caps are usually in gigabytes, so it's more clear for users.

-- Colm MacCárthaigh Public Key: colm [email protected]