Re: Router and Infrastructure Hacking (CCC conference last week)

  • From: JP Velders
  • Date: Thu Jan 04 13:10:38 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:
> Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:16:04 -0600 (CST)
> From: Gadi Evron <[email protected]>
> Subject: Router and Infrastructure Hacking (CCC conference last week)

> [ ... ]
> 4. I do wish the talk on how CCC set up their multiple-uplink GigE network
> for the conference was filmed, I call this type of "create an ISP in 24
> hours", in a very very hostile and busy environment such as at
> defcon or CCC "extreme networking".

For another form of "extreme networking", you could check out what's
built every year for the SC Conference: https://scinet.supercomp.org/

Given the huge list of sponsors, equipment usually isn't the problem,
getting everything/one to play nice is another thing though ... ;)

Diagram (1.5MB): http://scinet.supercomp.org/2006/SCinet_2006_Public.pdf

Kind regards,
JP Velders
(disclaimer: bottom left hand corner of the banner ;D)