Re: NATting a whole country?

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Thu Jan 04 08:58:37 2007

On 4-jan-2007, at 14:37, [email protected] wrote:

all of Qatar appears on the net as a single IP address.

I wonder what they use the other 241663 addresses for.

To address the many machines and networks in Qatar.
The existence of a NAT gateway to one portion of the
Internet does not remove the need for registered IP
addresses.

Whatever.

The point is that IF it's true that they NAT (or proxy) the whole country, it's not because of lack of addresses. In other words, whatever ill effects befall them as a result, they only have themselves to blame.

By the way, I have two different .qa domain names in my WWW logs, one with "proxy" in it and one with "nat" in it...