Re: Quick BGP peering question

  • From: Jeff Aitken
  • Date: Wed Jan 03 08:37:24 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 12:42:34PM +0000, James Blessing wrote:
> Very simply : Would you accept traffic from a customer who insists
> on sending 0 prefixes across a BGP session?

As long as I knew the src ip blocks used by the customer and could
craft an appropriate ingress filter, sure.  I'm guessing that your
customer simply wants to send outbound bits without attracting any
return traffic, which is perfectly acceptable as long as he can't
source packets from IP space he don't have the right to use.

--Jeff