Re: Regarding NDU.EDU

  • From: Chris L. Morrow
  • Date: Tue Jan 02 16:47:59 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Robert Mathews wrote:

> Ladies & Gentlemen:
>
> I thought to post here - that NDU.EDU' (National Defense University') MX
> record and A record seems to be missing.  This has been going on for
> nearly TWO weeks (since before Christmas 2006)!  One can reach their WEB
> servers.. but, all mail to NDU is presently bouncing.
>
> Technical and Admin Contacts have been unreachable over the same duration
> of time.  Does anyone have any idea (more than just an extemporaneous
> ref.) as to why this is happening?
>
> Appreciate having some insight.  If you wish to reply privately, I welcome
> it.

maybe they got sick of spam? or maybe they flubbed an update? or maybe
their admin got fired and 'stuck it to the man'? they seem to be accepting
mail at: [email protected] for instance:

[email protected]

Trying 24.248.20.30...
Connected to ip-24-248-20-30.jfsc.ndu.edu (24.248.20.30).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mx1.jfsc.ndu.edu ESMTP (11497e0f29573a89e48fcb5a6c1ccaca)
helo me
250 mx1.jfsc.ndu.edu
mail from: <[email protected]>
250 Ok