Re: would you run this little script, please

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Jan 02 12:24:08 2007

Run successfully on Mac OS X and Fedora Core

Regards
Marshall

On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

if you have a bsd, linux , or probably cygwin machine, would you
please run the attached script once as a favor to a research
project?

it simply does a traceroute to a eight targets in four locations
around the net to see if they are reachable from your site, and, if
not, where the route dies.  this is a small part of a larger
experiment, so try not to jump to too many conclusions :).

if things are as we suspect, we'll try to present the analysis in
toronto.

thank you!

randy

<in_probe-v1.4.sh>