Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Joe Provo
  • Date: Thu Dec 28 16:22:33 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 02:06:30PM -0500, Daniel Golding wrote:
[snip]
> Time for a colocation reality check.
[snip]
> Until supply catches up to demand, only price and power will matter
> to most folks, along with an acceptable level of facility redundancy
> (Tier III for most).

One 'reality check' that is required is that some of the time,
everything fails.  Can we please have redundant facilities rather
than just facility redundancy?  Part of the whole packet-based,
layer-services communications model is the simple "avoid central
hardened SPoF".

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE