Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Thu Dec 28 11:32:47 2006

Joe Abley wrote:

On 27-Dec-2006, at 18:22, Mark Newton wrote:

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 12:13:07AM +0100, Leo Vegoda wrote:

My driving license doesn't have a photograph on it, so using it as an
identity document is pointless.
There's no way for a minimum-wage security grunt to verify the
particulars of my passport, so using it as an identity document
is pointless.

Which makes it hard for me to understand why they bother, and why they go to such great lengths to enforce arbitrary rules about what is acceptable and what isn't.
Especialy when their customer who is onsite, has already been identified and authenticated and authorized is vouching for you, and presumably, contractually bound to pay for any damages caused by you.