Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Leo Vegoda
  • Date: Thu Dec 28 11:17:42 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

[...]

My driving license doesn't have a photograph on it, so using it as an
identity document is pointless.
There's no way for a minimum-wage security grunt to verify the
particulars of my passport, so using it as an identity document
is pointless.
Which makes it hard for me to understand why they bother, and why they go to such great lengths to enforce arbitrary rules about what is acceptable and what isn't.
Indeed. I'm surprised the market hasn't produced facilities with better thought through and executed security and access controls. Is there not enough competition in each metro area for anything other than lowest common denominator?

Leo