Re: Microsoft Corporate Postmaster Contact?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Dec 19 10:17:51 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, S. Ryan wrote:

> I don't think it should ever be acceptable to have to 'sign up' to
> report a security/network problem.

That's not what SNDS is for.

"Welcome to Smart Network Data Services
Windows Live Mail Postmaster is proud to introduce Smart Network Data
Services as a brand new way to fight spam--part of a larger and ongoing
effort to be an active participant in the email community.  By providing
mail traffic data, as seen by all the domains hosted by Windows Live Mail
and Hotmail, to IP block owners (ISPs, in a broad sense), organizations
are empowered to prevent spam from originating from their IP space.
Together, we can all do our part to take back email from the spammers.
For more details, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page."

I came in in the middle of the discussion, and haven't read the top of the
thread yet, but if you're looking to resolve security issues, SNDS is not
the place to go.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.