Re: Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Thu Dec 14 19:52:48 2006

Hi,

or LDAP could be used ...
I was wondering when this would show up... :-)

If IANA and the RIRs would step up to the plate and
provide an authoritative data source identifying which
address ranges have been issued for use on the Internet
then bogon lists would not be needed at all.
... IANA would be the authoritative source for
stuff like RFC 1918 address ranges and other non-RIR ranges.
IANA has a project along these lines at the earliest stage of development (that is, we're trying to figure out if this is a good idea and if so, the best way to implement it). I'd be interested in hearing opinions (either publicly or privately) as to what IANA should do here.

One wonders whether it might not be more effective in the
long run to sue ICANN/IANA rather than suing completewhois.com.
Sigh.  What is the IOS command to disable lawyers again?

Rgds,
-drc