Re: Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Mon Dec 11 10:54:23 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:28:27AM -0500, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> no, he's saying that a lawsuit is a useful method of forcing someone
> who is intentionally or negligently distributing incorrect information
> that other people who do not know any better then believe and use in
> their own networks.
>
> i betcha libel laws aren't written in such a way that they are useful
> here, however, there might be some kind of restraint of trade thing
> that could be invoked or somesuch.  ianal, not my dept.

	My recommendation is to write a letter (in german) and fax it
over to their fax# with the urls clearly written out (eg: iana vs their url)
showing the problem with the address space.  it'll likely sufficently
confuse someone that they'll be curious and research it and solve
the problem.

	linking to stuff like the bogon-announce list too wouldn't
be a bad idea either :)

	- jared