Re: Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Mon Dec 11 10:50:21 2006

Scott Morris wrote:
So we're saying that a lawsuit is an intelligent method to force someone
else to correct something that you are simply using to avoid the irritation
of manually updating things yourself???

That seems to be the epitomy of laziness vs. litigousness.
Scott

I would doubt the person using a bogon list would be the initiator of a lawsuit. It would be more plausible that the person using the netspace listed incorrectly as a bogon would have just cause for filing a lawsuit.

It's annoying enough to chase after all the people who manually configure bogon networks and forget them in their firewalls. From previous posts, it appears that this is a case of continued propagation of incorrect information after being notified of the inaccuracy, and the information is published as being fact; implying accuracy.

Jack Bates