Re: Best Email Time

  • From: Rich Kulawiec
  • Date: Sat Dec 09 13:51:28 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:50:57AM -0500, David Hester wrote:
> CNN recently reported that 90% of all email on the internet is spam.
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/11/27/uk.spam.reut/index.html

CNN is behind the times.  We passed 90% junk (spam, viruses, bogus virus
warnings, worms, outscatter spam, C/R spam, etc.) a few years ago.
Locally, over the last three months, we've been rejecting > 98% of incoming
traffic with just two reported problems from internal and external users.

And almost all of that rejected traffic TCP-fingerprints as originating
from hosts running Windows.

---Rsk