U.S./Europe connectivity

  • From: nealr
  • Date: Tue Dec 05 13:25:56 2006

I am doing some work on a network in central Illinois that is currently peering with Sprint and McLeod. They have a number of customers in the U.K. and they want to reduce latency to that part of the world. They've been offered a point to point 100 mbit link between their facility and a location in London from Cogent, but this isn't IP service. They've asked me to sort out how they can use this link or to find a good alternative for them.

A long time ago I think Teleglobe peering would have been the snap answer for European connectivity, but its been a few years. Who would I look to in terms of a carrier on that side of the pond? We've got on net termination with Sprint as a starting point for a link ...