Re: The IESG Approved the Expansion of the AS Number Registry

  • From: Henk Uijterwaal
  • Date: Fri Dec 01 02:59:18 2006

Joe Abley wrote:
On 30-Nov-2006, at 12:59, John Payne wrote:

On Nov 29, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Seems relevant.
Any word from vendors on supporting images? I found some old presentations that said Juniper (ERX) and Redback had announced supporting images and Cisco had an unannounced version, but thats all.
http://www.potaroo.net/drafts/draft-huston-idr-as4bytes-survey-00.txt has some relevant info, although that draft is a year or so old now.
Last time I spoke to them, the Juniper and Cisco versions only ran on
a subset of their routers.  Their claim was that almost nobody had
asked for this so it doesn't have any priority.

For those using software routers: there is an unannounced patch for
Quagga that supports this.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746

# Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
# Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."