Re: IP adresss management verification

  • From: Warren Kumari
  • Date: Tue Nov 14 12:53:16 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 9:20 AM, chuck goolsbee wrote:
[SNIP]

** I assume it is myth, but I've never heard anyone from Google make any statements that definitively debunks it. Debunking this pervasive among webmasters and "SEO Experts" myth sure would be a very UN-evil thing to do if true (Hint hint you Google-folk!)
Matt Cutts ("Matt Cutts works at the Googleplex and at his blog writes about Google, search engine optimization traps and whatever comes to his mind") has just responded on his blog:
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/myth-busting-virtual-hosts-vs-dedicated- ip-addresses/

It pisses me off to no end when a sales guy comes to me with a request from a customer for a /20 for a half-rack of web servers. The justification ALWAYS comes down to this inane "search engine optimization" pipe dream. =\
Now you have somewhere to point them :-)

--chuck goolsbee ***

*** Waiting now for ~246 hours for Yahoo!Mail human beings to contact me within their promised "48 hours".

Eagles soar but a weasel will never get sucked into a jet engine