Re: odd hijack

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Fri Nov 10 00:22:03 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Josh Karlin wrote:

Here is one that is somewhat the opposite, the AS announced a
significant portion of IANA allocated space.  Note, they are large
blocks and as such probably did not cause much damage because most
networks announce more specifics.  My question to the community is,
what kind of misconfiguration could cause this set of prefixes to be
announced?   I asked the AS responsible, but have not had a response.
Misconfiguration? :-) That's a nice word for spammer. See Joe's PPT at:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~joe/maawg8/maawg8.ppt

AS29449 is not the problem. It is the upstreams of AS5602 (KPNQwest Italia) and AS286 (KPN) that let this crap leak.

-Hank Nussbacher
http://www.interall.co.il