Re: [c-nsp] [Re: huge amount of weird traffic on poin-to-point ethernet link]

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Thu Nov 09 09:28:50 2006

At 09:23 AM 11/9/2006, you wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006, Robert Boyle wrote:

> You should also create a bogons list for your BGP routes which you
> accept from your upstream. Block all RFC1918 space and unassigned
> public addresses too. Just keep on top of it when new allocations are
> put into use. We see all kinds of crazy things which people try to
> announce (and successfully too - up to our borders anyway.)

Is there a somewhat-reliable bogon BGP feed that can be subscribed to
these days?
We just maintain our own. I remember hearing about one a while ago, but we don't use it so I don't know any details.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin