RE: advise on network security report

  • From: Mike Callahan
  • Date: Wed Nov 01 15:12:38 2006

>I beg to differ, wither I aggregate my announcements does not impact the
>$50B charge identity theft puts on the US economy.

Perhaps a better start on impacting this would be for the credit card companies to pursue the people that abuse their cards/systems instead of just writing fraudulent purchases off as a loss and not pursuing them any further.  I been through it myself and I know for a fact that at least one major cc company operates in this way.   In this model there's nothing to discourage someone from using stolen numbers.  Just my $.02

~M