Re: advise on network security report

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Nov 01 11:35:56 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:02:15 PST, Rick Wesson said:
> would it assist if I associated a dollar value for each bot hosted, we
> can estimate the number of credit cards stolen per bot and extrapolate
> in to something with some zeros on it.

Well.. figure that if you're charging somebody by the megabyte for transit,
there *is* a positive dollar value per bot hosted.

Maybe that's the tactic to take with some of the more bot-infested cable
providers - if they aren't 100% settlement-free, point out the cost savings
at their exchanges if their outbound traffic drops because their bots aren't
spewing.....