Re: advise on network security report

  • From: Rick Wesson
  • Date: Tue Oct 31 18:47:47 2006

Roland Dobbins wrote:
On Oct 30, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Rick Wesson wrote:

I'm expecting to post a weekly report once a month to nanog, would this be disruptive?
Far better to simply post a pointer to your new list, IMHO, and let folks subscribe if the so choose. As it is, many of these various automated postings to NANOG are mildly annoying to those who aren't interested or who already receive the information in another form.
the point of the posting are to generate discussion; the list subscription will be made available for those that desire access to higher frequency of reporting.

Whatever service you end up offering, a a full-text RSS or Atom feed would probably be useful, as well.
we do CSV for detail reporting and will be posting these directly to the [email protected] mbox for the nextworks we have contacts for.

-rick