Re: CWDM equipment (current favorites)

  • From: Mike Hughes
  • Date: Tue Oct 31 11:25:00 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Deepak Jain wrote:

Since then, I have actually touched some of the MRV product line personally and found it (and their customer support)... less than ideal. (not comparing to anyone else, and no one is really ideal).
We're lucky enough that they have a helpful/clueful distributor here in the UK.

The bigger problem was that the devices seem to be less than intuitive, but rock solid once they are working. (which is what everyone praised them for).
Agreed, though the poor UI meant that debugging a cable problem on a span was much harder than it needed to be.

I really wish they had syslog implemented, but look at it this way, it could be worse. At least you don't have to talk TL1 to them ;-).

Cheers,
Mike