Re: register.com down sev0?

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Wed Oct 25 21:43:59 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, [email protected] wrote:

I'm seeing *.register.com down (including ns*) from everywhere. Just a
heads-up.
I'll take your word on exhaustively checking every possible address. BTW, do you mean nameservers down, webservers down, or something else? Did the Internet break?

Would be interesting to see the RFO for that one, including the
"why we didn't have any DNS servers offsite
They colo in more than a half-dozen facilities around the world.

or used anycast to at least limit amount of damage".
I also have information from a pretty good source that they actually do quite a bit of anycast.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
- Marshall McLuhan