Re: state of the world...Re: Need help explaining in-addr.arpa

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Tue Oct 24 14:06:17 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 11:26:08AM -0400, Edward Lewis wrote:

> At 22:43 -0400 10/23/06, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
>
> >I've noticed of late less understanding of DNS in the people charged
> >with maintaining it out there.  Sad.
>
> Sad?  I don't think so, it's natural and a sign of the technology's
> promise.  As the work load grows, the percentage of the workers who
> are pioneers will fall.
>
> If a system requires "pioneer" experience and knowledge to operate
> correctly there is more work to be done by the pioneers.

I'm not asking them to know how to put together a Conestoga wagon and
feed and maintain oxen.  I'm asking them to know that when you see a
stop sign you stop, and when you come to a right turn, you turn into the
right-hand lane if it's safe and not "no right turn on red".

Then again, they don't know that, either.

A person who does RFC 2317 delegation should know how to communicate
that.

--
Joe Yao