Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Joe Provo
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 18:40:47 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 01:07:56PM -0400, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
[snip]
> What I've never understood is, that, how a gov't issue ID (for the
> purposes of allowing entry) is of any use whatsoever.

No matter how easy to forge, *requiring* them raises the risk/reward
bar. Penalties for forging Q Random Company ID are less than those
related to forging "government issue" IDs.  Of course, it moves the
bad guys' gamble to 'will there be a rent-a-cop that doesn't check
the ID book or have they installed actual lookup facilities'?

Cheers,

Joe

--
          [email protected] * [email protected]
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE