RE: Collocation Access

  • From: Nick Thompson
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 17:46:49 2006

Surprisingly on a recent visit to a large co-location facility I was
required to leave my ID with the security staff at the front desk in
exchange for a visitor's pass, for the entire time I was in the
facility.

Normally I would not have an issue with this, but any outside visitors
are shadowed by an employee of the facility the entire time they are in
the facility as well.

It seems as though at this point there is little need for security to
maintain control of the ID, again which could possibly leave it open to
various activities already mentioned by some others.

Nick Thompson