Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 14:54:41 2006

In article <[email protected]>, Brandon Butterworth <[email protected]> writes
my passport says who I'm allowed to surrender it to and that doesn't include colo guards yet some want to retain it whilst you're on site
"should not be passed to an unauthorised person" [1], which raises the issue of who authorises who (and back to my idea for accrediting colo security guards).

On the other hand there are many countries [even inside the EU] where a hotel receptionist will insist on holding your passport overnight so you can be registered with the police. Who authorised them, rather than gave them an obligation?

[1] US passports don't contain a similar clause.
--
Roland Perry