Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 12:04:58 2006

On 23-Oct-2006, at 11:54, Craig Holland wrote:

I just ran into something for the first time, and apparently it isn’t that uncommon. AT&T was asked to install a circuit into a collocation facility where, like any I’ve been into, required them to show a government ID.
In a similar vein, it'd be nice if colo facilities who require government-issued ID could be taught that there is actually more than one government in the world, and that if they mean "US-federal-or- state-government-issued" they should say so.

(They let me in eventually with a passport. But if they're going to trust a foreign-issued passport as photo id, it's not really that obvious to me why they wouldn't trust a foreign-issued driving licence. It's not like they can really tell whether either of them are forged.)

Joe