Re: Boeing's Connexion announcement

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Sat Oct 14 07:38:48 2006

Robert E.Seastrom wrote:
Fascinating... of course, you can see where the confusion came from,
particularly given the source of some of the components and the fact
that they're not actually committed until they get the orders (hence,
no satellite capacity online _today_). Thanks for the additional
data; I'm sure everyone here will be watching this one closely; the
"email/web/irc/AIM from the skies" imperative runs quite high in our
community ;-)

Early on I was also able to use Skype (with video) successfully but lately the capacity has just not been there. Not sure if they've reduced it towards the end or if the usage has picked up enough for there not to be spare capacity for ~200kbps video.

Pete